Friday, March 16, 2012

The Basic Diet Shift

SHAPE UP FOR SUMMER CONTEST 2012

see contest rules

The Basic Diet Shift (two weeks)

Man, do I love food.

No joke. I can eat a bag of Decadent cookies on my own in one sitting. Ice cream is like heroin to me. Chips...well, let's just say they have a seat next to Southern Comfort and cigarettes in the lobby of the hardest things I've ever had to give up.

Listen, we all know what is and isn't good for us. And we can go on and on at length about the dangers of sugar, preservatives, saturated fats, alcohol, and just about everything else that's tasty. But that doesn't make for a good strategy. It's too easy to just say, "I'll eat better tomorrow...or start next week."

What most of us need to do -- and I'm no super hero...I need to do this too -- is recognize what needs to change, and then change those things, a little at a time.

For my strategy in the contest, I'm taking a gradual approach to diet change. I can do this, because I know what works. I've done it before. But I like ice cream. Nevertheless, here's the plan...[read more]

0 comments:

Post a Comment